Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 2006 Saturn Vue, the relay HVAC blower keeps

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Saturn Vue, the relay for the HVAC blower keeps failing. I have removed the plug to the power to the fan motor and checked it to see if the wire is grounded. we have some continuity to ground, not enough to peg the needle on the meter but enough to make it move. What might be the cause of this and how do I fix it.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** replacing relay fix problem every time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but only for a short period of time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A few weeks at best. My son drives the car and removes the relay when it stops working.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

This would mean the blower motor is pulling too many amps causing relay to fail. You will need to replace the blower motor and blower motor relay. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why doesnt the 10A fuse blow if it is drawing to many amps? Only the relay is bad.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

If the blower is pulling closer to 10 amps it can still be enough to burn out relay but not fuse. There is nothing else that could cause relay to burn out besides blower motor. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,now I need to find a blower motor.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

No problem, let me know how it turns out or if you run into more questions. Thanks.