FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

I have 2006 saturn ion with the 2.4l it throws a p2138 code.

Customer Question

i have 2006 saturn ion with the 2.4l it throws a p2138 code. and another engine light with and arrow comes on every once in a while (the reduce speed i believe) all i have to do is shut off the car and turn it back on and that light goes away for few days.
i replaced the throttle body with a used one and i replaced the foot peddle with a new one and the lights went away for a week or so and then they came back on. what could be the problem now?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if this occurs every time you drive it? Does it seem to happen more once the engine is warm or even when it is cold?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when it is warm.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Most of the time this is casused by a faulty connector at the throttle body. Even if the connector looks fine the terminals inside of the connection may be failing and having an intermittent connection. I always replace this connection when replacing the throttle body. If the connector looks fine then check the wiring under the driver side kick panel. This is under the driver side of the dash on the far left. Remove the plastic panel and look for signs of corrosion. It is common to get water in that area that can cause bad connections. Let me know if you do not find anything with these and we can continue, because it can also be the computer, but that is not as common.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you i will check wiring and get back to you if i need to.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need further help. Please rate when you can also. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where can i get one of those connectors or harness?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Most GM dealers will carry them or you can find them online. If you need help locating one online please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yeah i need help locating one online if you would thanks. also does that code have anything to do with the gas peddle?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

The code can be associated with either one. I will send over a link for the connector.