Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Mom has a 1998 Saturn wagon...says door remote does not

Customer Question

Mom has a 1998 Saturn wagon...says door remote does not work...replaced the battery..still not working, and she says the locks continueously lock and unlock by it self? She says the car is possessed..LOL
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** the door locks/unlocks by itself that usually means the lock switch has failed. You can unplug the lock switch to verify this stops problem, if so replace. This would be around a $200 job to have done at a shop. This is most likely the problem for keyless entry not working also as it is overridden. Let me know if you would like instructions to remove door panel "if your doing job yourself" or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.