Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2007 Saturn Aura XE. Last winter my low beam

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Saturn Aura XE. Last winter my low beam headlights would not come on until I drove the car for about 20-40 minutes. The only light that would work would be the high beams when I manually activate them by pulling back on the stalk/lever. The lights would go out and come back on at the same time. Today, the first freeze of the year, my headlights repeated the same problem. Last year I replaced relays and the signal switch/lever to no avail. Please guide me on what the problem is and how to fix it
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Check the headlamp assemblies both the composite glass and the back side for any hairline cracks or evidence of moisture intrusion that is freezing overnight and affecting the low beams until the highbeams heat up enough to remove the moisture.

If none found, then the underneath the fuse/relay box in the engine compartment needs to be checked for the same.