sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2003 saturn l200 it has a digital ac/ heater switch

Customer Question

i have a 2003 saturn l200 it has a digital ac/ heater switch that does not come on. it was just working fine yesterday. i checked the fuses and relay and still no light comes on the switch display
Category: Saturn
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the control head does work but the problem is just with the display not working then the problem is internal in the control head.

If it doesn't operate at all and fuses are good then odds are the issue is an internal failure but it could also be a wiring or connection issue. You can try removing the control head and wiggle testing the connections while the key is turned on and see if it tries to power on.

If not then the next step will be to test the powers and ground. The brown wire in pin 11 and yellow in pin 6 are the power feeds, the black is ground. If these are ok then the control head can be condemned.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I check the powers do I use a 12 volt tester one positive to ground then the other positive to ground to see if there is power to the head?

An incandescent test light is best. To test a power feed connect the alligator clip to ground, to test a ground connect the alligator clip to battery positive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I clip alligator to beg side of battery with key on I insert tester to brown wire to see if there is power then test yellow wire second the same way?

Yes.