sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

03 vue rev's really gh in park turn on a/c it goes back to

Customer Question

03 vue rev's really high in park turn on a/c it goes back to normal v-6
Category: Saturn
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

The most likely cause for a high idle would be a vacuum leak. A leaking intake gasket, a hose that's off, an internal leak in the brake booster, etc will all introduce unaccounted for air into the engine which will cause the idle to raise.

The first thing I would recommend is checking for fault codes. If no codes are setting then I would net check for a vacuum leak. If no issues are sen then hoses can be removed and their nipples plugged, and carb cleaner can be used to spray at any potential leak areas to see if the idle changes when doing so. If you can spray any area and cause a change in idle then you've located a leak.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wrong it was a battery terminal loose connection not sending proper voltage

A loose battery terminal wouldn't cause a high idle, it would cause starting and charging issues. Let me know if you need any more help when the problem returns.