Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.
14928985

Adjusting the tulip panel flap timing on a saturn sky

Customer Question

adjusting the tulip panel flap timing on a saturn sky convertable Flaps don't want to latch when I put the top up.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect for any damaged components with the roof system that may be causing any issues with these latching properly.Also check and make sure there is no debris blocking any of the roof components and/or latches causing this issue needing corrected.If these are or were already checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These steps were already done by me in looking for some sort of reason for the failure of the locks to close properly. On the web page Skyroadster.com someone suggested that I adjust the mechanism but that's why I sent the question to you. I can not find instructions for this anywhere.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,there is a technical service bulletin on the latches being bent especially the front center latch arm.If you inspect this arm does it appear bent at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete like I stated before I have already seen the bulletin and I had checked the arms in question and they are not the issue. The adjustment to the mechanism is what I need the answer to.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P.S. I wasn't satisfied with the answer and you automatically stuck me for $18.00
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay.Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete