Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.
14928985

We have a 2005 Vue and the back seat belt is locked up. Just

Customer Question

We have a 2005 Vue and the back seat belt is locked up. Just as this other person w/ the 2006 Vue. I should be able to follow the instructions you gave them.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

See if you can loosen the belt to push it into the retractor further by applying pressure to the seat or whatever you can do to give the belt some slack to push it into the retractor to see if it then releases.Usually this is what needs done is to give the belt some slack so it will then release.If this is not an option here or does not work let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete,The retractor that is locked up is in the middle of the seat backing. Unfortunately, I laid the seat back down which only tightened the seat where it can no longer be lifted to the upright position. I saw some instructions on y'all's site to a similiar issue w/ a 2006 Vue. Following is a partial snapshot of it. I'm hoping you can provide the same with the pics.Expert: John replied 5 years ago.Hello & Welcome to JA,Yes,this can sometimes be done to unlock a seat belt retractor.Try this ,with the instructions I am sending & if you cannot get it unlocked ,replace it.Rear Seat ReplacementObject Number: 977958 Size: SH
Click here for detailed picture of above image.
Remove the forward cover from the load floor to expose the rear seat fasteners.
Object Number: 977241 Size: SH
Remove the rear seat forward fasteners.
Object Number: 977275 Size: SH
Remove the rear seat fasteners.
Remove the rear seat assembly.Rear Seat Belt ReplacementRead more: http://www.justanswer.com/saturn/3mgpi-sister-2006-saturn-vue-back-center-seat-belt.html#ixzz3nQ3bh7ea
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to access the seat belt retractor at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only if I lay across the floor board...back seat only lifts about 4 inches from seat
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,this is a tough one for me to answer myself from here.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete