FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Why do my saturn vue not unlock the vehicle when put in park

Customer Question

why do my saturn vue not unlock the vehicle when put in park and when you push the lock button on the remote the horn does not blow anymore
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a 2009 not 2007 sorry
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the question. Can you tell me if the locks still work fine with the remote and manually?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. One last question. Are there any warning lights illuminated when driving the vehicle? Any door Ajar lights?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No lights on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

I am here. If this happened all of a sudden then most of the time it is because the body control module lost its programming. In some cases you can get it to work again by scrolling through the instrument cluster menu and resetting it if your vehicle has that capability. Not all do. If it does not then a shop or the dealer must reprogram it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I can do this on my own how do I know what option to reset? I guess I dont understand how to even start with instrument cluster.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

If your cluster has the capability you should be able to use the menu button to scroll to settings. Then when you scroll through that there are lock options. Again, not all of these vehicles have this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will try this. Thank Yoiu
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

No problem. Let me know if you need further help. Please rate my service when you can also. Thank you.