Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

07 saturn vue 2.2

Customer Question

07 saturn vue 2.2
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** is the problem your having? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am having problems with a 07 saturn vue that originally started by jumping time and bending rods and two rod bearings so rebuilt all mecanical parts and the ecm now the gas pedal dos not work the engine starts and runs but only at an idle the down power lite is on and ses
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Is your check engine light on? If so, do you know what codes your getting? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the check engine lite is on and the reduced power no there is no codes
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Does it say no codes or not able to communicate? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it says no codes
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried a different scan tool? If not, can you? This usually means the throttle body or pedal assembly has failed but you should have specific codes indicating which one.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I have only one scanner but it dont have codes and the car dosent work so cant take it somewhere to have it done why is the down power lite on allways I think I need to shut that off and dont know how
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well then I guess u cant help me I need to get this thing running huh
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

The reduced power light will set automatically when there is a problem with throttle body or accelerator pedal. About all you can do without checking codes is checking wiring/connector conditions at throttle body and pedal assembly. The parts store will probably let you barrow scan tool if you give them a deposit. Let me know how it goes when checking with another scan tool, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well I have to do something to see if I can get this going so I will call just answer and tell them u could not help me
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Would you like me to put in a refund request? I want to help but in order for me to do that we need to check the diagnostic codes.