john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech 15 + years foreign domestic & european
6149662

I have a 03 Saturn vue 3.0 fwd and the transmission was

Customer Question

hi I have a 03 Saturn vue 3.0 fwd and the transmission was replaced for hesitation after heats up but still does same thing check codes and it says p0700 and p0967 any suggestions? on what we should do. transmission is a af33
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am John This is generally a valve body failure or a damaged wire..The TCC lockup pressure control (PC) solenoid is used to apply and release the torque converter clutch (TCC). The TCC can be applied in 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears. The TCC solenoid also controls shift pressure while in 1st and 2nd gears. The TCC solenoid is pulse width modulated (PWM) by the transaxle control module (TCM) whenever the engine is running. The TCM controls the TCC solenoid by pulse with modulating an internal driver that pulls the solenoid circuit voltage. When shift solenoid 4 is ON, and the TCC solenoid is commanded ON, the TCC is applied. The TCC solenoid ground circuit is monitored for current flow. DTC P0967 sets if the TCM detects high current flow through the TCC lockup pressure control solenoid.

DTC PARAMETERS
DTC P0967 sets if low current is detected through the TCC lockup pressure control solenoid and:

• The engine is running
  • Transaxle is not operating in any Protection mode
  • Condition exists for at least 2 seconds

The TCM will command Transaxle Protection Mode ON if this DTC is active.

DTC P0967 is a type A DTC.

DIAGNOSTIC AIDS
To locate an intermittent problem, use a scan tool to monitor TCC PC Solenoid Actual Current with the ignition On, engine Off. Wiggling wires while watching for a change on TCC PC Solenoid Actual Current may locate the area where an open or high resistance in the wiring could lie.

TCC lockup pressure control solenoid current: 92 mA-1356 mA

TCC lockup pressure control solenoid resistance: 3.8-8.3 ohms

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says p0967 control solenoid b circuit high ....which wire should i look for ground or positive and wich sensor should i replaced theres 3 big ones and other small ones

it says check circuit 5509 for power if good replace tcm, if it does not change valve body

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I unpluged the plug from transmission then turned ignition on and put the tester light in 5509 ..but theres no power

According to the test chart it's pointing towards a valve body failure

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should i test the other one wire

according to the flow chart that condems the valve body

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the valve body last night and it worked fine i will keep driving for 3 more days and find out and will get back to you

hope you can rate me excellent

great hope it all works out and you can give me a 5 star rating for helping you resolve the issue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Men i was getting excited aready. went for a drive and after 5 minutes back to square one out of no where p0967-p07 code again limp mode...... but i drove yesterday all around fine with no issues... am goin to see if i get a hold of an ecu .what u think?

was this a new or rebuilt valve body? did you clear the codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was out of a good running one and yes i did clear the codes

used parts can be a headache u can try a tcm but the flow chart points the opposite way,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will try a ecm first.. i did replaced tcm aready. 2 transmission and a valve body and still the same codes humm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did saw that the interior lights and cluster kind of flicker alitle when those codes apear and if i press brakes too

that's odd bcm?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Obd1 it does have bcm

bcm controls lights, and its obd2 I said ODD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is odd?

its odd that the lights flicker