Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

I have noticed an oil spot on my garage floor just towards

Customer Question

I have noticed an oil spot on my garage floor just towards the middle of my car by my right front tire.
The mechanic has said there is an oil leak from the front timing cover that is over the timing chains. And it is quite an expensive repair. is that a possibility and about how much should it be to repair?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The type of leak he is describing is very likely and pretty common as well. If you can give me the year of your Vue and the engine size I can give you pricing on this repair.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a 2008 Vue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6 cylinder
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

The labor to remove the timing cover and replace the gasket runs 2.7 hours and the gasket set runs right at $27.00 , if this is the only leak and its all he is replacing it should not be a very expensive repair.