Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 2005 saturn vue that makes a loud ticking noise on

Customer Question

I have a 2005 saturn vue that makes a loud ticking noise on start up and until it gets really good and warm.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** the oil filter and carefully soak up oil in the bottom of the oil filter housing. Check for any foriegn material (silicone, damaged filter) in the housing. Clean this area after any engine repairs. Remove the camshaft cover and inspect for metal filings around the camshaft bearing area. Remove the camshaft and inspect the engine oil passage for being restricted from silicone. If silicone is found see if the oil pan was resealed recently. If too much silicone was used at the the oil suction port opening at the oil pan to engine block, the excessive silicone can break loose in the port, then restrict the oil passages and starve the cam bearings of oil. Repair or replace the engine as necessary. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.