FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

I have p0123 code saturn ion basic manual shift no ac and

Customer Question

I have p0123 code saturn ion basic manual shift no ac and new tps sensor high idle speed
Category: Saturn
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if you cleared the codes after replacing the TPS and if you did how quickly did it come back? Did this come on all of a sudden?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After i went to test drive few km.but idle speed was good when i cleen the idle speed sensor.I running the car few minutes and start the test drive.After 4-5 km. came back the code and the same time i fell the idle speed too high.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. It sounds like the throttle plate may be binding and sticking in the throttle body or that the connection at the TPS may be loose. It is very common for this connection to have loose terminals and cause this.