Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

I have a 2002 saturn vue V6 AWD. I was driving it down the

Customer Question

I have a 2002 saturn vue V6 AWD. I was driving it down the highway and stopped at a light, when I went to take off there was a loud noise in the backend and the car didnt want to move I managed to drive it to the side of the road. While I was waiting for a tow it had no problem with staying in place. After the tow we it rolls when in park. I never had any signs of transmission problems prior to this but I was told it was the transmission. I am just trying to figure our what I should do.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

• My first thought is a rear end problem. It could be a Ujoint on the drive shaft.
  • The fact that it rolls in park is what has me thinking that. I doubt it is the transmission.
  • Are you planning to repair yourself?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

It has been a couple of days since I have heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.