Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

The cruise control works fine till you top a ll, then it

Customer Question

the cruise control works fine till you top a hill, then it keeps accelerating. Then the accelerator pops back up and starts slowing down. Help
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

Once the accelerator pops back have you tried resetting it? Do you have access to a scanner?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have reset the cruise control several times and nothing seems to change the acceleration problem. What scanner are you talking about?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

A scanner that you can read data on your cruise control system

I am kind of thinking you have a bad cruise module. I would prefer to see some scan data to verify though.