Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

I have an 07 saturn uve that only ts and will not start

Customer Question

I have an 07 saturn uve that only hits and will not start
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to know whats happening
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is*****'ll do my best to help. When you say "hits" do you mean cranks ? How many ignition keys do you have and is there a theft light flashing on the dash ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have two keys I have put new crank bearings rings valves and a ecm programed to my vin number and ran the relearn for it turn of the security lock
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Ok so does the security light flash when cranking ?does the engine start with starting fluid ?

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

And have you tried the old ECM if you still have it ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dose not start with starting fluid and the lite dose not flash when cranking
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Ok , well you have a lot of variables that can be going on. Does it backfire or any signs of fire with the starting fluid ? Did you double check compression and all sensors plugged in ? Do you have a code scanner ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no but it showed more than 5 v at the sensors
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Ok lol. Please answer all my questions I have asked a few and your one word reply doesn't help either of us

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have scanner no codes no backfire and put in new rings and valves
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a scanner no codes it dose not backfire and I have put in all new rings pistons and valves
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Ok thank you :)

Ok have you verified timing again ? Does your scan tool read live data ?

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

First thing is to double check the cam and crank sensor to make sure they are plugged in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it starts when pluged in and says it conects and then says no codes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the 07 vue 2.2 has no cam sensor and have made sure if crank sensor was pluged in we had that trouble before
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the engine is like it hits when u crank lik it actually trys to start but dose3nt
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Ok , first thing I would suggest is a compression check just to make sure all is ok mechanically

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok but I will have to do that tomorrow for I dont have all tools and car prepared for that now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can we continue then
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Ok I gotcha. I will opt out for another expert only because I am going on vacation FINALLY :) so I won't keep you from progress , but if you don't have a answer come Monday let me know and I'll surely help and take the phone offer. Today is just not a good time my apologies.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
k thank u HAVE A GREAT VACATION maybe talk later but I hope not
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Lol I hear you on that one. Ok remember me LOU P. I'll be the guy to go to great lengths to help' hope you get it figured out man. Good luck !

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

Can you verify spark, Fuel pressure and injector pulse? Do you have a scanner with data?

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Hello , did you get the engine running ?