FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

I have 2003 saturn vue, already replace compressor and txv,

Customer Question

i have 2003 saturn vue, already replace compressor and txv, still not blow cold
Category: Saturn
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if the a/c compressor turns on when you turn on the system? Does the radiator fan come on also?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Radiator fan on low only
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. So not a/c clutch? Does the blower turn on inside of the vehicle? Does the a/c button light up and stay on steady when you attempt to turn it on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
everything work on ac system. Blower work. Ac controller work. Compressor and txv new. Refrigerant and oil level good. Condenser free of debris. Low side pressure45psi and high side 250psi. The only concern I see abnormal is. When ac on radiator fan only on low speed
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Those pressures are not too far off and it should be blowing somewhat cool. The radiator fan will only turn on high as it reaches around 400 psi in the system or if the engine is getting too hot. Does the return line for the a/c system get cold? If it does then the issue may be the blend door actuator under the dash. These are a very common failure on this vehicle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Blend door check operate as intended. Return line only cool. Temperature blow out the vent around 60degree. F
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Did you pull a vacuum prior to adding the refrigerant? How much did you add?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think there a clog in the system receiver dried problem?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

It is possible. These condensers become easily clogged internally if any debris came out of the compressor.