Luke
Luke, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Technician at General Motors
78297162

Just bought a 2002 Saturn Vie and the blower motor won't

Customer Question

Just bought a 2002 Saturn Vie and the blower motor won't work on the highest speed. Some folks are saying it's the resistor while homecare saying it's the high speed blower relay. What do you think?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Luke replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Luke and I will answer your question the best I can. It does appear that you have a problem in the resistor as the relay is for all speeds. I looked at the schematic and it does not show a high speed blower relay. That being said you need to make tests at the blower resistor to ensure you don't have a problem with the HVAC control or wiring. Unplug the resistor and with a test light connected to a 12 volt source , test the low, med 1 med 2 and high blower circuits for proper continuity when placed into all positions. Hope this helps