Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

We have a 207 saturn ion. On the dash board, a warning light

Customer Question

we have a 207 saturn ion. On the dash board, a warning light constantly flickers on and off saying "trunk" when we drive. The trunk is closed. Seems like a busted switch or relay but my local mechanic can't help us. When it blinks "trunk", everything else disappears.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

It is likely that the trunk ajar switch needs to be replaced. Not a difficult repair.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sam, I'm not a rocket scientist but I'm reasonably handy good with my hands. Can you send me a part number and/or drawing, showing the location of the trunk ajar switch? And, maybe recommend where to purchase one?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

The trunk latch is attached to the lid. It is the part that holds the trunk closed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will email you later today. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI Sam, I know where the trunk latch is, but is the "trunk ajar switch" part of that trunk latch assembly? I see a bundle of wires entering into the trunk latch, I assume at least some of these wires power the license plate light and the remote trunk release. I have looked online and I cannot find any part called, "trunk ajar switch" or anything close to that name. Can you send me a schematic or drawing of that part, or possibly a part number? Again, I can't find anything online. My daughter has the car until Tuesday evening so I don't have access to it at the moment. I would appreciate any help you could offer us. Thanks, ***** ***** BTW, I am available now at(###) ###-####
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

The latch has the trunk ajar switch inside