Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I just recently purchased a 08 Saturn vue v6. Today as I was

Customer Question

I just recently purchased a 08 Saturn vue v6. Today as I was driving home, it started making a large knocking sound that speed up as I accelerated. I just looked under the hood and it looks like some dried light pink, possibly red fluid splashed on the right side of the engine.
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After looking at the fluid splatter closer. It appears to have come from the battery. Oil levels appear normal. Just hit 100k miles on the car
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Is the noise related to engine or wheel speed?

Can you duplicate this noise in gear, brake torquing, reving the engine in park, anyway not moving?

Faulty timing drive components are possible causes for this noise, have you looked or listened to this area?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris