Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Saturn Saturn vue: My name is ***** ***** got a 06 Saturn vue

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** got a 06 Saturn vue won't stay at idle but if I give it a little throtle it keep runing
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. What have you done so I do not recommend something that has already been done? Is the check engine light on? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No check engine light haven't did nothing yet but check spark plugs fuses and disconnect battery
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
The most likely cause is a dirty throttle body which will cause stalling, hard starting, and low idle without turning on the check engine light. When the throttle body gets dirty it cause airflow restrictions during closed throttle conditions. So next step is to get some throttle body cleaner and use that with a rag to wipe out throttle bore good. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is this part u are talking about where is it located at
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
The throttle body would be the carburetor looking thing on engine where air gets sucked into. Here is a picture, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.
-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7je0oxik8qbkujc/tvs.PNG?dl=0
-
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is they thing on side of carburetor with a plug going into
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
That is part of the throttle body, you do not need to remove the throttle body to clean it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And that will cuz it to not idle when I take foot off gas it die but if I give it lil gas and it stays runing
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
That is correct, a dirty throttle body fits your symptoms perfectly. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.