Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.
14928985

Saturn L200: Dave, my name is ***** ***** Im having an issue

Customer Question

Hi Dave, my name is ***** ***** Im having an issue with a Saturn L200 2003. Im trying to find the routing for the AC lines so I can try to find where the leak is. I put a can of the dye in and used a black light but nothing was visible. I'm not sure if there are lines I don't see unless I climb under the car.. Can you help with this please.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
One common area that is hard to see if the ac evaporator itself.Use a dye tracer light and the glasses to search in the ac drain tube at the firewall to see if any dye is seen.If you see dye then the ac evaporator will need replaced to correct this here.If this was already checked and found o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete, thanks for getting back to me. I did the dye and the black light test. What I'm trying to figure out is the routing of the ac lines. I did find the dye leaking out under the front of the car what looks to be an aluminum tube. It runs from side to side and is held up with a clamp that has a rubber around it. This is were the dye is leaking. I pulled up a schematic and it looks like evap tube to dryer. I don't know if that is the correct part and if this tube has Freon going thru it. This tube is attached to the frame behind the front bumper. Could be GM part #90583328
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way you can take a picture of this tube and upload it here using the paper clip or tree icon so I can take a better look at it?
Let me know,thanks Pete.