George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

Saturn FWD VUE MT: My sister has owned 2004 Saturn Vue 2.2l

Customer Question

My sister has owned 2004 Saturn Vue 2.2l with a manual trans, it has over 220,000 mile, mostly highway driven, since it was new, having only minor issues that have been somewhat easy to resolve till now.
It has a couple DTC codes that I have been tring to track down, but wondered if you have ever seen DTC P2101 and P0481 together?
Could these two codes be caused by a short in the UHJB (UHFB/Fuse Box)?
I was able to get rid of P2101 by applying 12v jumper to the 15amp ETC fuse since I was only getting a reading of 54mv before jumping. P0481 would only go away for a short time after doing a Clear Code function on my reader, but High Speed Cooling Fan would come back on and set code in "Stored Coded" with no SES light or active code set.
Any ideas would be Most Helpful!
Almost ready to give up, but my pride is keeping me from throwing in the towel.
I was a Saturn Tech from (1993-2001) but since having a debilitating back injury in 2001, I haven't had the pleasure working more then 1 Vue.
Again, any input would be a most appresiated.
Thanks in advance!
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also wanted to add that I have replaced the gas peddal assemble with new one based on info recieved from a former Saturn Tech I used to work with, but that was before I had a code reader that would read More codes then my previous reader, also replace ECM with used and had it reprogrammed thru a GM dealer and also a used throttle body was also replaced, all of which had No affect on these 2 codes, and one last thing, I found corrosion on most of the pins inside the 40 pin connector behind the left kick panel in the drivers foot well, cleaned all connectors of corrosion and checked for terminal tightnes, also made certain the ECM's Ground wire and ECM's surface was cleaned of all corrosion and terminal tightness check was performed on it as well as on the terminal connector on the Throttle Body, Pedal Assembly connector and the 10 pin connector behind the UHFB that runs from the left kick panel 40pin connector to the Throttle Body.
After doing all this, the only thing I haven't done yet is to pull apart the UHFB and check all the wires for corrosion or possible shorting together of wires that may or may not be close together.
So this is now why I had asked if you have ever seen or heard of these conditions causing the DTC Codes P2101 & P0481.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions + Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Please accept my offer and call me when you have time.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
IT looks like you will need to request a phone call on your end
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Amedee