Tim Mohr, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Saturn L200: , I have a 2003 Saturn L200, and the ac clutch

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2003 Saturn L200, and the ac clutch won't engage,fuses are good, have ac light on controls, I did find wires rubbing on the belt that goes to the high pressure switch,there are no broken wires there is one bare wire though. I swapped out relays, but still nothing, it was cooling pretty good, but then all of a sudden,all we got was hot air.
Could it be the compressor/clutch itself?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** it may be the clutch itself, have you checked for power at the clutch, with the a/c on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No for I have no multimeter/test light, but looks like I will be purchasing one here soon
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
yes, if you can get one, I can help you diagnose this, can you get just a cheap 12 volt tet light?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can get one, only problem now is, it's our Daughter's car and she just left for work, so I will have to check it this evening. Is there any way I can get back with you, after we close this session?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
absolutely, you can come back to this question, even after rating me and I will answer all your question at no charge,Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, are you always available?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Other than bed time? lol
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
I am on usually from 9 am to 5 pm, but check back frequently at night until 10 pm,Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So if I have power to the plug in, that goes to the compressor, is it likely that it's the clutch?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Yes, if it has power to the clutch, with the a/c on, but does not engage, then ita bad clutch,Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'll check and see if that's the problem, I will more than likely will have to get back with later. I'm gonna need help with this, AC trouble shooting is not my best avenue.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
let me know,Tim