Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Saturn Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Saturn Diagnostics
18617752

Saturn L300: How do I get to the idler pulley on a 2005 Saturn

Customer Question

How do I get to the idler pulley on a 2005 Saturn L300 to change the alternator?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Are you looking to just remove the belt for alternator replacement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK, great. SO you're looking for the "Tensioner", not the "idler". The Tensioner is located ((HERE)). Use a 15 mm wrench to rotate the tensioner pulley clockwise while sliding the drive belt off the tensioner or water pump pulley. When replacing the Alternator on this vehicle, after the belt is removed, the Tensioner itself will need to be removed to gain the clearance needed to access the alternator bolts. There are 2 mounting bolts for the tensioner located ((HERE)). Please remember, your rating is required. Leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer and let me know how my service was today! You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept.