Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Ron, this is ***** *****. You sent me the

Customer Question

Hello Ron, this is ***** *****. You sent me the instructions for removing and replacing the blower motor in my 2004 Saturn L300. I appreciate that very much. The instructions were as good as they could possible be. I replaced the motor, recharged the
A/C cooant, and now I once again have A/C in the car. I do still have some problems, some old and one new one. The new one is that since replacing the blower motor the car is draining power from the battery when the car is not running. I believe I have turned
off the car with the blower motor speed selector switch in one of the on positions and it is draining the battery. I could certainly be wrong, but I am testing that theory as I write this. If I am correct, I need to know what to do to stop the battery drain.
The older problems I have are that the dome light will not function and I have looked at what I believe are all of the relevant fuses. The same is true for the power seat on the driver side of the vehicle. If I can resolve these problems, I will be extremely
happy. The first fix was easy, I just followed the manual. Please help me troubleshoot these issues and I will be most grateful and compensate you accordingly. Thank you. I work from 1:30 pm central time until around 11 pm today. If you can give me some guidance,
I will confirm receipt of the information when I get home this evening. Thank you very much.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Can you do the steps in the link below.On the seat and light, have you started with checking to see what is missing from them, power and or ground? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris, thank you for your response. It is 2:30 AM here, so I won't be able to get back in the car until sun-up. With regard to checking power and ground, I am not very handy with a voltage meter so you will have to really lead me through the procedure to try to check the relevant circuits. I am willing to try. As for the battery drain, all I can say is that I had no such trouble prior to my installing the new blower motor for the A/C. As for getting a feel for my abilities in these matters, that demonstrates pretty well what I can do. I was able to follow the instructions given to me from one of the manufacturers repair manuals and had little to no trouble removing the parts necessary to get to the motor, replacing the motor, and putting everything back together properly. This is my daughter's car and I really want to get it into tip top shape. So, tell me what to try and I'll do it. The more detail, the better. Thank you.
Remove the negative battery cable. Connect a volt meter to the removed cable and negative post. If you have a hood light, disable it. Set the meter to DC milliamps. Tell me what the draw is with all doors closed and nothing on or plugged in drawing power.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Moose, thanks for your guidance. Unfortunately I have not been able to work on the car since I got your last set of instructions. It's dark here now, and I work at 5am tomorrow (Sun. 7/19). I get off work in the early afternoon and will go back to troubleshooting my Saturn problems. FYI, I did determine that I needed a new battery. Of course, that does not mean that I do not have some kind of current drain in the electrical system. Figuring out the problem with the seat motor and the interior lights are definitely the priority. I'll let you know what I can determine as soon as possible. Thank you again for your assistance.Dave A.
Thanks