George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

I'm having a problem with an a/c system in 1997 Saturn s series.

Customer Question

I'm having a problem with an a/c system in 1997 Saturn s series. I installed a new compressor , dryer expansion valve. I vacuumed the system for an hour, install the oil and charged the stem with 1.5 pounds of 134 a. the system only blows hot air.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, Is the compressor running? What are the pressures when it is running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

compressor is running and hi side pressure is 150 and low side is 85.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The compressor is running and the high side pressure is150 psi. and the low side pressure is 85 psi.

Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Do the lines at the firewall get cold?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No the don't. they both are hot.

Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
I don't think the compressor is circulating the refrigerant, not much pressure change and hot lines at the firewall. Why was the first compressor replaced? Is this compressor really new or is it reman or used?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No

Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
It certainly is not pulling from the low pressure side very well. New means Never Ever Worked so unless you know of another reason I don't know such as being charged with a liquid or started while full of oil then you need another one. Please let me know how I can help Thank you