JFN1
JFN1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Master Technician
25345654

Need to reset my oxygen sensor to pass smog trip drive tes

Customer Question

need to reset my oxygen sensor to pass smog trip drive test
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
paid you and still waiting for 30 min when it said 8 thats bs
Expert:  JFN1 replied 1 year ago.
I can help you. What do you mean by "reset" the oxygen sensor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Won't pass the smog test until the computer reads the oxygen sensensor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I do this
Expert:  JFN1 replied 1 year ago.
I'm still not sure what you mean. The computer reads the oxygen sensor constantly while the engine is running. Are you talking about the readiness monitor? Or you have a check engine light on that needs to be addressed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the readiness monitor blinking failed test because of this been driving car to reset as instructed online the trip drive test no luck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hv a ob2 code reader still show oxygen sensor blinking on the readiness monitor
Expert:  JFN1 replied 1 year ago.
First of all, in most states, you can pass emissions if you have only one readiness monitor that is not completed. If O2 is the only one, you may pass the test.What year and model is your Saturn? I can give you specific conditions for the O2 readiness monitor to run.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes you are correct, there are two emission codes blinking the o and the ev. The smog dude said that the o or oxygen sensor is the only one to b concerned about about. 2002 Saturn l200 thank you
Expert:  JFN1 replied 1 year ago.
OK. EVAP is a more difficult test to run, it only runs after the vehicle has sat for many hours and is completely cold started, then it has to meet certain criteria while running or else it aborts the test until the next cold start.Oxygen should be easier. I'll attach the specific conditions necessary to run the test.