George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

Saturn vue: I have a 2006 Saturn Vue 4 cylinder 2.2 liter front

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Saturn Vue 4 cylinder 2.2 liter front wheel drive, the car has a terrible vibration at idle and when stopping. I have diagnosed this problem to be the harmonic balancer after I removed the serpentine belt. all the vibration went away and I can see that the harmonic balancer pulley in circulation look like and egg and has a wobble. I have removed the pulley and shaft and pulley look good. but the seal looks egg shaped. Can this seal cause this pulley to have play???
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** the seal cannot cause the vibration, but the balancer can, and will also wear out the seal in an egg shape, but the seal is not the problem, it has to be an out of round balancer, or the crankshaft main bearing are bad, which is unlikely if it does not make a knocking noise, can you hear any knocking when its running?