Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.
14928985

Saturn ion-2: Key stops at accessory position when turning

Customer Question

Key stops at accessory position when turning off. It has something to do with a broken part in the cover of the steering column. Dealer repair is quite expensive. Is there a workaround possible? Perhaps drilling a hole and using something to push or pull on a latch?

UPDATE: The problem is in the ignition housing, which is under the wiper control.

Category: Saturn
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the dealer has not looked into this fault there is a special coverage campaign for the ignition not being able to return to the lock position to remove the key and this is paid for and covered by GM.The number for this is #14632.If you have not had this checked to see if this is what needs done this should be done to see if this is a free repair.If it was already checked and is not the problem here let me know.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete