Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

Have an 03 saturn vue 3.0 new radiator thermostat used water

Customer Question

Have an 03 saturn vue 3.0 new radiator thermostat used water pump runs hot no heat inside I'VE tried everything it bubbles back up to the expansion tank
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The lack of heat in most cases is caused by trapped air in the cooling system and if you are getting bubbles in the reservoir then you may be dealing with a blown head gasket. The next step would be to perform a block test . Its a fairly easy test to run and you can buy the test kit at any part store . It will check for any signs of hydrocarbons (exhaust) in the cooling system. If the test fails then you looking at blown head gaskets. If you end up having to remove the heads be sure to have them checked for wracks and warpage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ronnie i let it get hot and the bottom radiator stays cold it's like its not circulating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When it cools down the top radiator hose collapses. Take cap off reservoir and it sucks all the water down
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
If the radiator is cool at the bottom and the hose is collapsing then that means you have trapped air in the cooling system. Try refilling it by using a bleed funnel. You can get a bleed funnel at any parts store.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ronnie I'll try that plus I had to order that test kit to check for blown head gasket I'll get back to you
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
I would go ahead and check the head gaskets and if it checks okay get your hands on a bleed funnel and refill the system, using it will allow you to remove any trapped air. Thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.
Thank you again.