Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Saturn vue: saturn vue,3.5 v-6,P0336 code and have replaced

Customer Question

saturn vue,3.5 v-6,P0336 code and have replaced the sensor,also did a update
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. This code usually means the crankshaft position sensor has failed, if sensor has been replaced then next thing to do is check sensor mounting surface and wiring/connector. This code sets with following conditions:
•The ECM detects that the engine is running, but receives less than 51 or more than 65 crankshaft position sensor pulses each engine revolution for 8 of 10 engine revolutions.
•The ECM detects that the engine is running, but more than 19 resyncs occur within 25 s.
•The ECM detects that the engine has been running, but the crankshaft does not sync for 0.4 s.
Eventually you my need to scope wire to monitor wave pattern to determine if problem is wiring, sensor, or PCM. Let me now how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.