FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Saturn ion redline: 2007 Ion redline. wouldn't start 9cranks

Customer Question

2007 Ion redline. wouldn't start
9cranks fine, just doesn't engage). Had it towed for repair, shop had same problem. Later , when they had time to work on it, it started. Wouldn't not start, so they we're unable to diagnose.
Worked fine for about a month, then had the same problem (wouldn't start for 24 hours, tried 7 or 8 times). Had it towed for repair again. same scenario, wouldn't start at the shop until they started trying to diagnose and it started.
Suggestions?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if if the car is all stock? Does it have a remote start? Is the check engine light coming on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All stock, no remote start, no check engine light.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Being that it is an intermittent issue it will be hard to diagnose. By far the two most common causes of this in your car are either a failing crank position sensor or a failing ignition switch. Both of these are very common failures on this vehicle. I have also had PCM failures that have caused this. Have these been looked at?