Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

Saturn ION-2: I've been having problems with my car starting.

Customer Question

I've been having problems with my car starting. I replaced the alternator today. But last night I let it run to charge the battery and forgot about it and now it won't start after replacing alternator. It ran out of gas as well over night.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In order for the engine to crank and start you need a properly charged battery, a working starter as well as good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure (50 to 60 PSI). In order to determine what is failing we need to check each of these thing and see which one you are lacking. Post back with the results and we can work from there.