Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have an 04 ion and it shut down while my niece was driving

Customer Question

I have an 04 ion and it shut down while my niece was driving it on the interstate. it won't start even though the spark plugs are firing and gas is flowing
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
If you have spark, fuel pressure, and injector pulse. That leaves timing effecting the compression. Have you done a compression test yet? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know that i have good fuel pressure at the rail, but how do I find out if I have injector pulse
To check injector pulse, unplug one injector. Turn the key on and you should see battery voltage on one wire. If so, use a 5$ noid light and plug it up in place of an injector, you want to see that light flash rapid while cranking the engine. The computer uses the cam sensor signal for this.