Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Saturn ION: my 2003 Saturn ion heats up when the a/c is on.

Customer Question

my 2003 Saturn ion heats up when the a/c is on. when I stop it idles past the 2 rpm as well as if the a/c is shutting off. the blower is still working just hot air. when I drive off it begins to cool again. also the car will heat up when a/c is on and I'm stopped. when I drive off the temp gauge goes down as does the a/c cool. the cooling fan never kicks on, would you have an idea as to what could be causing this?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes still need hekp
Hi The engine over temp and AC performance issues are related to the cooling fan operation. We need to get the fan working prior to anything else. We also need to wash out the condenser and radiator fins to see if there clogged and restricted with road debris. Lets first off, run a remote power wire to the light blue wire at the fan to confirm the fan works. Lets make sure fuse 45 under the hood is good. Next remove the fan relay and verify there are 2 pins at it powered. If all is good to this point then its most likely the ECM to blame, which will require a scan tool to diagnose. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris