Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Saturn l200: I have a 2003 saturn l200 the passlock light flashes

Customer Question

I have a 2003 saturn l200 the passlock light flashes and also the dash lights
the gauges swing back and forth . The engine runs but surges . None of this happens untill you get moving. Seams like it is worse in hot weather.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Cam.
Can I get your first name please?
Sorry to hear about this issue. Does the engine remain running when this happens or does it stall?
The pass lock system will only cause the engine to stall with in 2 seconds of starting. So if this happens while you are driving then its not a problem with the pass lock system, rather I am suspecting a wiring issue.
So on that, we need to find the bad connection. I am suspecting a ground wire. What I would do is with the engine running, start moving all the wiring around under the hood. See if movement of any wire, connector, fuse block and such cause or create any reaction from the engine. I am suspecting a ground issue myself. These are the black wires bolted to the body and engine of the car. Check those carefully.