FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Saturn VUE: Have an 03 saturn vue front wheel dr only. Daughter

Customer Question

Have an 03 saturn vue front wheel dr only. Daughter took to a garage when out of town due to lf wheel bearing. They replaced wheel bearing and axle.
When leaving the brakes locked. They freed them. She made it 20 miles and same thing.
I pulled wheel and got caliper freed and drove home.
Replaced both calipers and pads. Still had problem. Now locking up at 10 miles and it was both.
Replaced both hoses drove 10 miles and brakes are dragging, not locked and smoking.
They are both reman calipers.
Is there something else to check before i return the calipers?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. If both are locking up then it either has a failing master cylinder, or worse someone put something besides brake fluid in the braking system. Most of the time if it is not all four then it is the master cylinder. When they did the work they may have compressed the piston on the caliper and pushed debris into the master cylinder causing it to now lock up.