FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Saturn Outlook XR: My passenger side power mirror will not

Customer Question

My passenger side power mirror will not retract when I push the button. At one time it would retract slowly then would difficult to get back open again.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. This is typically always caused by a stripped gear in the mirror assembly. It is a common issue. The mirror assembly would need to be replaced to fix it. Does it make any noise or any attempt to move at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It made noise at one time but not now.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
If it will not make any noise at all then it is possible that there is a circuit issue. If you have a voltage meter I can tell you how to test it. It is more than likely the mirror motor though.