FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Saturn ION: Car was starting and running fine. Now, misfires

Customer Question

Car was starting and running fine. Now, misfires and the engine stops. This only happens when at red lights or when the car is put in reverse. As if not getting gas to keep it running constantly.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Can you tell me if the check engine light is coming on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the check engine light is not on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No engine light no codes.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. When this occurs without any codes or check engine light then the most common issues are either a failing ignition switch or possibly a fuel system issue. If the fuel pump is weak then this will occur. If it happens more when you are at idle then it may just be a dirty throttle body. Did you plan on fixing this yourself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a tune-up on the car and changed the fuel filter. Do you think this has anything to do with the problem?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
It can be if a poor quality filter was used or if the wrong plugs were installed?