Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Saturn: I have a 2003 Saturn ion, the engine won't go over

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Saturn ion, the engine won't go over 2000 rpm, sounds like it's hitting the rev limiter, and put on computer and does nothing like it's not hot.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. This most likely means you have a clogged catalytic converter. Completely remove front oxygen sensor from exhaust to relieve exhaust pressure. If this allows rpm to go higher you know the converter is clogged. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok my engine lite is on, I plug in the scanner, it comes back with, is the scanner pluged in. could a fuse be a problem that the scanner won' connect?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Does it say no communication or not even power on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it thinks that it's not pluged in.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
I do not think problem is related. Lets started with RPM issue then we can move onto scan tool issue. Let me know if removing sensor helps, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** updated.