Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Saturn ION: I have a 2007 Saturn Ion 2.2 litter automatic transaxle.

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Saturn Ion 2.2 litter automatic transaxle. The engine light came on while I was on the free-way and the transmission down shifted or slipped to the lower gear. Since then the engine light remains on and the transmission does not get high gear. I used the OB II scanner and it reads P0700 which is the automatic transmission control system malfunction. I replaced the transmission control module with a use one from the wrecking yard. The transmission was service as well. However, the problem remains the same.
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Hi
This code means there are transmission codes stored and this code means the warning light has been commanded on. It takes a more sophisticated tool to get the codes for the transmission. Can you get it scanned with a better tool?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris