Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Saturn: Dave, my daughters 04 ion wouldn't start out of the

Customer Question

Dave, my daughters 04 ion wouldn't start out of the blue last Friday. By the time I got to the car her moron boyfriend had the cables hooked up to the fuse box under the hood. I pulled them off and hooked up at the battery and she fire up. It ran fine for two days but now when you turn the key every light on the dash flashes and it makes a clicking sound but it's not the started clicking. Should I start with the fuses? Or should I just burn this thing in place?
Frustrated Dad
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
With the current information, start with checking the battery voltage and the cable connections at the battery and the other ends, chassis and fuse box. A good battery will have 12.6 volts and so should the fuses in the main fuse box.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris