FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Saturn Aura XR: , i have a 2007 saturn xr. When i fill up

Customer Question

Hi, i have a 2007 saturn xr. When i fill up my tank and try to start it if doesnt turn over and my check engine light is on as well.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. When you say it will not turn over does the engine not spin and it acts like the battery is dead?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, its not sound like the battery is dead and the started trying to turn over, it sound like its not getting enough fuel to the engine by the way of fuel injects or fuel pump.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the response. Most of the time if this occurs right after fill up it is caused by an evap system purge valve that is not closing all of the way. When this occurs too much evaporating fuel enters the engine on fuel up and causes it to not start almost like it is flooded. Is this something that you plan on fixing yourself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep, if this is whats wrong with it. But, would this make my check engine light to come on also?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant to say no, i want to get it fix
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
This may or may not cause the light to come on. If the problem only occurs after filling then most of the time it will not show up as a fault to the computer.