George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

Saturn sl2: JHoop! I have a 2000 Saturn sl2 in my shop.

Customer Question

Hi JHoop! I have a 2000 Saturn sl2 in my shop. replaced AC compressor with kit and expansion valve and dryer. Low side 40 lbs and cannot get high side over 100......will not cool
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would like to add that the compressor clutch kicks in from dash switch and the clutch engages......but not cooling
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to also add that we replaced the new reman compressor with another reman and still no luck.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
just checking to see if this is still open.....have not received a response yet
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Did you happen to replace the expansion valve again also?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Bobby! thanks....I am here now
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have told my customer we will need to keep the Saturn over the weekend.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes...we replaced the expansion valve
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we replaced expansion valve, compressor and dryer
his old compressor did not work....the new compressor works but of course not cooling.....40 psi low side 100 high side.....
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I would like a few temperature readings from the a/c lines with an infrared thermometer if you have one. With the system on can you tell me the outlet temperature of the line at the compressor. The temperature at the inlet of the condenser. The temperature at the outlet of the condenser. The temperature going into and out of the expansion valve. And the temperature of the suction line.