FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Saturn ION: The parking brake cable on my 2005 Saturn ion came

Customer Question

The parking brake cable on my 2005 Saturn ion came off inside the car at the handle. Is there a trick to loosen the tension so that I can put the cable back on?
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Hope I'm not being a bother, but wondering if an answer may be coming soon about the question I asked please.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. There is an adjustment in the bracket at the rear of the center console where the two cables meet the cable for the handle. You can loosen the nut at this bracket and then should have enough slack to install the cable. If that is not enough then you may need to unhook the cables at the rear brake assemblies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply, but unfortunately I was pressed for time and had to fix the cable on my own before I could wait for your information. It took me some time to figure it out, but I worked on the car Thursday afternoon, May 14th and was able to reattach the two cables on my own. Actually, I unhooked the cables from where they attached at the rear of the console and cut the hose shorter by about 1.5 inches. In that way, I was able to bring the cables forward and then get the park brake handle working properly again.

Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for replying back to me. I am glad that you got it taken care of. If there is anything else that you need at this time or in the future please let me know. Thank you and have a great night.