Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

Saturn ION-3: , I have a 2004 saturn ion quad coop and the

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2004 saturn ion quad coop and the windows stopped working one day. Only the passenger lock will work and the mirrors are dead too. I thought it was a fuse and tried two different ones. Any ideas?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.
The windows, locks and mirrors all are controlled by the BCM (Body Control Module) located behind center of dash.It's like a little computer that controls these and other functions. It can go bad and still have other functions work though so dont let that confuse you. In most all cases it will need to be replaced but you have to have a dealer level scan tool in order to confirm this because it may also just be a loose connection there. Below is a link to a diagram i uploaded so you can see where it is. Cpopy and paste the link to a new window to view.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33691145/bcm.PNG
Thanks for asking!
Larry