Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.
14928985

Saturn ION-2: 2006 Saturn ION - alarm system activates randomly

Customer Question

2006 Saturn ION - alarm system activates randomly and sometimes deactivates without using button on key fab. Must leave the car unlocked for the alarm for the alarm not to activate. Need to know a fix or method to bypass alarm system.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Most common to cause this type of fault here is the door latch position sensor/switch.If this sends a false signal the door has been opened when it sees the switch in the locked state it triggers the alarm and then the switch may signal the door has been unlocked disabling the alarm on its own.I have seen these fail before like this here as well as the BCM (body control module) and had to replace the affected component.This will need tested further to be sure and then repaired from there.
Thanks Pete