EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

Saturn Vue: I have 2006 Saturn in the "reduced engine power"

Customer Question

I have 2006 Saturn in the "reduced engine power" indicator light is on. the air conditioner isn't cooling in the RPM seem high. I am on my way from Savannah Georgia back home to Knoxville Tennessee. Any Suggestions???
Category: Saturn
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. What is common to set the reduced power message is a faulty throttle body. In this mode the a/c will not work and the throttle body sets the rpm at a higher, designated level. Since you are on the road, there is probably not much you can do , since the throttle body likely needs to be replaced. What you can do is have codes checked at an auto part store. They can clear them as well and that should take it out of reduced power mode. Hopefully long enough until you get back home. Sometimes cylining the key off and on again will reset this. Until the fault happens again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to Advance Auto where they ran the diagnostic & it showed 18 codes ( some of them were there 2 & 3 times for a total of 33) & said the cylinders were misfiring. I tried tuning off & back on but iT changed nothing.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
you need to clear all the codes, then recheck which ones first come back. many erroneous codes can appear after the original fault code. If you are noticing the engine running rough and hesitating then a tune up or coil pack replacement may be neccessary. But first you want to see which codes are coming back immediatly.